(1) Blumenthal, J. A., Babyak, M. A., Moore, K. A., Craighead, W. E., Herman, S., Khatri, P., Waugh, R., Napolitano, M. A., forman, L. M., Appelbaum, M., Doraiswamy, P. M., Krishnan, K. R. (1999). Effects of exercise training on older patients with major depression. Archieves of Internal Medicine, 159: 19, 2349-56.
(2) Dimeo, F., Bauer, M., Varahram, I., Proest, G., Halter, U. (2001). Benefits from aerobic exercise in patients with major depression: a pilot study. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 35(2), 114-7.
(3) Doyne, E. J., Chambless, D. L., Beutler, L. E. (1983). Aerobic exercise as a treatment for depression in women. Behavior Therapy, 14, 434-40.
(4) Freemont, J., Craighead, L. W., (1987). Aerobic exercise and cognitive therapy in the treatment of dysphoric moods. Cognitive Therapy and Research, 11, 241-51.
(5) Goldbery, L., Elliot, D. L., (2000). The Healing Power of Exercise: Your guide to Preventing and Treating Diabetes, Depression, Heart Disease, Highblood Pressure, Arthritis, and More. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
(6) Greist, J. H., Klein, M., H., Dischens, R. R., Faris, J., Gurman, A. S., Morgan, W. P. (1979). Running as a treatment for depression. Comprehensive Psychiatry, 20, 41-54.
(7) Hansen, C. J., Stevens, L. C., coast, J. R. (2000). Exercise duration and mood state: How much is enough to feel better? Health Psychology, 20(4), 267-75.
(8) Harris, D. V. (1987). Comparative effectiveness of running therapy in W. P. Morgan & S. E. Goldston (Eds.), Exercise and Mental Health (pp. 123-30). Washington, DC: Hemisphere.
(9) Hassmen, P. Koivula, N., Uutela, a. (2000). Physical exercise and psychological well-being: A population study in Finland. Preventive Medicine, 30(1), 17-25.
(10) Klein, M. H., Greist, J. H., Gurman, A. S., Neimeyer, R. A., Lesser, D. P., Bushnell, N. J., Smith, R. E. (1985). A comparative outcome study of group psychotherapy vs. exercise treatments for depression. International Journal of Mental Health, 13, 148-77.
(11) Lee, R. E., Goldberg, J. H., Sallis, J. F., Hickmann, S. A., Castro, C. M., Chen, A. H., (2001) A prospective analysis of the relationship between walking and mood in sedentary ethnic minority women. Women's Health, 32(4), 1-15.
(12) Martinsen, E. W., Medhus, A., Sandvik, L. (1985). Effects of aerobic exercise on depression: A controlled study. British Medical Journal, 291, 109.
(13) McCann, I. L., Holmes, D. S., (1984) Influence of aerobic exercise on depression. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 46, 1142-47.
(14) Sime, W. E. (1987). Exercise in the prevention and treatment of depression. In W. P. Morgan & S. E. Goldston (Eds.), Exercise and Mental Health, (pp. 145-52). New York: Hemisphere.
(15) Toskovic, N. N. (2000) Alterations in selected measures of mood with a single bout of dynamic Taekwondo exercise in college-age students. Perception Motor Skills, 92 (3 pt. 2), 1031-8.
(16) Williamson, D., Dewey, A., Steinberg, H., (2001) Mood change through physical exercise in nine-to- ten-year-old children. Percept Motor Skills, 93(1), 311-6.
You can go to the depression-help-for-you.com home page by clicking here.